City of Chicago Implementing Vaccine Requirements for Indoor Locations
In conjunction with our cross-sector public safety partners and the City of Chicago, Titan Security is sharing the new Public Health Order, effective January 3, 2022, for certain establishments to verify that patrons are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
From the City of Chicago:
Effective Monday, January 3, 2022, the Chicago Vaccine Requirements will apply to the following public indoor places:
- Indoor Dining: Establishments where food or beverages are served, including, but not limited to, restaurants, bars, fast food establishments, coffee shops, tasting rooms, cafeterias, food courts, dining areas of grocery stores, breweries, wineries, distilleries, banquet halls, and hotel ballrooms; and
- Indoor Fitness: Gyms and fitness venues, including, but not limited to, gyms, recreation facilities, fitness centers, yoga, Pilates, cycling, barre, and dance studios, hotel gyms, boxing and kickboxing gyms, fitness boot camps, and other facilities used for conducting indoor group fitness classes; and
- Indoor entertainment and recreation venues where food or beverages are served: Including, but not limited to, movie theaters, music and concert venues, live performance venues, adult entertainment venues, commercial event and party venues, sports arenas, performing arts theaters, bowling alleys, arcades, card rooms, family entertainment centers, play areas, pool and billiard halls, and other recreational game centers.
VALID PROOF OF VACCINATION INCLUDES:
- Valid photo ID (age 16+) and
- Vaccination Card
- Photocopy of vaccination card
- Digital record or app or
- Printed record from vaccine provider
RESOURCES FOR BUSINESSES AND EMPLOYERS:
If your business is covered by the Chicago Vaccine Requirement policy, you are required to check the vaccination status of all patrons age 5 and older. You must not permit entry to anyone 5 and older who has not been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exception applies. Businesses that do not comply with this policy will be subject to fines.
The City of Chicago mask mandate also remains in effect for all public indoor settings. The new order does not include capacity limits.
If any employees are not fully vaccinated, you must ensure that these employees both continue to mask when interacting with patrons and provide proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test.
For additional FAQ regarding the new vaccine requirements, please visit: https://www.chicago.gov/content/dam/city/sites/covid-19-vaccine/Documents/Chicago_Vaccine_Requirement_FAQ_12.21.2021.pdf